What is Cisco® Packet Tracer
Cisco Packet Tracer is a comprehensive, networking technology teaching and learning program that offers a unique combination of realistic simulation and visualization experiences, assessment and activity authoring capabilities, and opportunities for multiuser collaboration and competition. Innovative features of Packet Tracer will help students and teachers collaborate, solve problems, and learn concepts in an engaging and dynamic social environment. Some of the benefits of Packet Tracer are as follows:
- Provides a realistic simulation and visualization learning environment that supplements classroom equipment, including the ability to see internal processes in real-time that are normally hidden on real devices .
- Enables multiuser, real-time collaboration and competition for dynamic learning .
- Enables authoring and localization of structured learning activities such as labs, demonstrations, quizzes, exams, and games .
- Empowers students to explore concepts, conduct experiments, and test their understanding of network building .
- Allows students and teachers to design, build, configure, and troubleshoot complex networks using virtual equipment .
- Supports a variety of teaching and learning opportunities such as lectures, group and individual labs, homework, games, and competitions .
- Supports feature expansion through external applications using an API to enhance the functionality of Cisco Packet Tracer in areas such as curriculum and assessment delivery, games, accessibility, and interfacing with real equipment .
Why Learn with Packet Tracer
The best way to learn about networking is to do it. Hands-on equipment gets students started, but is limited to the number of devices in the lab. That’s why the Westech IT Networking Academy curriculum includes Cisco Packet Tracer, an innovative network configuration simulation tool used for teaching, gaming, and assessment. Packet Tracer encourages students to explore all their “what if” questions.
- Educators use Packet Tracer to demonstrate complex technical concepts and networking systems.
- Students use Packet Tracer to complete assignments, working on their own or in teams.
- Academies use Packet Tracer for gaming and competitions.
Installing Packet Tracer Software
Can students and instructors install Packet Tracer on their home computers or personal laptops
Yes. Packet Tracer can be freely distributed to any Networking Academy instructor, student, or alumni. This enables students to use Packet Tracer on any computer outside of class for homework, practice, and exploratory learning .
On what platforms can I install and run Packet Tracer
Packet Tracer 6.2 is compatible with the following platforms: Windows 7, 8 and Ubuntu Linux
What are the system requirements for Packet Tracer
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2.53 GHz or equivalent .
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or Ubuntu 12.04 LTS .
- RAM: 512 MB Free .
- Storage: 280 MB of free disk space (No tutorials) .
- Display resolution: 800 x 600 .
- Adobe Flash Player (for Included tutorials) .
- Language fonts supporting Unicode encoding (if viewing in languages other than English) .
- Latest video card drivers and operating system updates .
Dwonload for Windows Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 for Windows Student tutorial add-ons.exe (Size :93.5 MB)
Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 for Windows Student Version.exe (Size :146 MB)
Dwonload for Linux Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 for Linux - Ubuntu installation - Student version no tutorial.tar.gz(Size :86.5 MB)
Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 for Linux - Ubuntu installation - Student version.tar.gz (Size :179 MB)
More Details Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Cisco Packet Tracer 6 2 FAQs.pdf
Open Source Used In Cisco Packet 6.2.pdf
PacketTracer63_setup.exe (Size :147 MB)
More Details Cisco Packet Tracer 6.3
Cisco Packet Tracer 6 3 FAQs.pdf
Cisco Packet Tracer 6 3 FAQs.pdf
Cisco Packet Tracer Mobile 2.0 (Android)
Packet Tracer Mobile Apps version 2.0 for Android is based on Packet Tracer version 6.2 that provides users with the ability to design, configure, and troubleshoot computer networks at a CCNA-level of complexity. These notes provide detailed information about this release, including content, known issues, and support information.
More Details Cisco Packet Tracer Mobile 2.0 (Android)
Dwonload for Android Cisco Packet Tracer Mobile 2.0 (Android)
Google Play Store and download Cisco Packet Tracer Mobile.